A Lasallian BS Accountancy graduate made it as one of the qualifiers for the National search of the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP).
Philippe Jan De La Cruz, former USG president, was chosen as one of the ten finalists in the region from 18 short-listed schools in Western Visayas.
De la Cruz’s bid to the National TOSP search was announced after a week-long formation period workshop geared towards national consciousness and community empowerment last April 4-10 at the Iloilo Grand Hotel, Iloilo City.
De la Cruz was also a recipient of the following awards:
- Bayer Young Environmental Envoy National (top 12 nationals)
- Country representative BYEE trip to Germany (award for winning top 4 nationals)
- 2010 NOPSSCEA Most Outstanding Student
- USLS Corps d’ Elite Most Outstanding Student in the Field of Environmental Advocacy
- USLS Corps d’ Elite Honorary Award
- Most Outstanding Student of College of Business Accountancy
- KPMG Manabat Sanagustin & Co. Certificate of Recognition
- SGV & Co. Academic Excellence Award
- USLS Institutional Leadership Award
- USG Service Award
- Best in Campus Leadership from JCI Bacolod
- Finalist - The Outstanding Students of JCI Bacolod
The awarding of the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines will be in October at the Malacañang Palace.
Other participating schools and colleges of Western Visayas were Central Philippine University-Iloilo, Colegio de la Purisima Concepcion-Roxas, Colegio de San Agustin- Bacolod, Filamer Christian College-Roxas, John B. Lacson, Arevalo-Iloilo, La Consolacion College-Bacolod, Riverside College-Bacolod, University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos-Bacolod, University of San Agustin-Iloilo, University of the Philippines-Iloilo, West Negros University-Iloilo, West Visayas State University-Iloilo and Western Institute of Technology-Iloilo.
The TOSP is an annual search that began in 1961 that recognizes outstanding youth of the nation for academic excellence, exemplary leadership, community involvement and good moral values.