Alfredo M. Montelibano Sr. AFSC
Learning Resource Center
Milestones of the College Library
La Salle Bacolod started in 1952 and the Founding Brothers made sure that a library is available for use of the pupils. The present Lower Grade Library of the Integrated School is in the same location of the first library. When the High School and College Departments opened in 1953, a room in the High School Department was assigned as the High School and College Library. In 1958, The Boarding Department was converted into Science Laboratory and the College Library was relocated at the ground floor. The Library remained in the ground floor for the next twenty-five years.
In 1982, through the efforts of Brother President Rafael S. Donato FSC, a new library complex was built to accommodate the increasing library clientele and collection. It was completed and occupied in April 1983 with 13,000 volumes of books.
Another decade thereafter, saw a great mileage in the development of the library both in its resources and services. Technology was introduced in the library as it brings a great impact in the library as the millennium.
In February 1995, the JRR Dizon Foundation Library Technology introduced the global networking of information or the INTERNET and in June 1996, the center provided the College of Engineering, Computer Center and some offices of the College with INTERNET services.
In October 19, 1997 the library occupied the ground floor and renamed the 3-storey building to Alfredo M. Montelibano, Sr, AFSC Library in honor of the man who is the benefactor of La Salle. His generous donation of land where the University of St. La Salle campus now stands.
In February 1998, the library spearheaded extension programs giving access to offices of the college unit. Networking has been implemented in cooperation with the Institutional Committee for Electronic Networking (ICEN) to enable direct access to college student’s records from the Registrar’s Office.
In 1999, the construction of the Graduate School, College of Law and Medical Library Building started and in October 31, 1999 the Libraries were blessed. The College of Law Library was awarded as a Model Centennial Law Library in June 8, 2001 by the Supreme Court of the Philippines.
In 2002, the Health Science Library now the Medical Library occupied the 3rd floor of the Professional School Library building and the Multi Media Room for the use of the College of Medicine.
In 2012, the Archives was blessed and named Lasalliana University Archives. This serves as the repository of the historical records of the University of St. La Salle.
In 2016, the Audio Visual Resource Center now the Instructional Media Center was merged into the College Library and was renamed to Learning Resource Center and in the same year the Lasalliana University Archives was transferred to Museo Negrense De La Salle.
At present, the library, Alfredo M. Montelibano, Sr. AFSC, Learning Resource Center continuously upholds its mission and vision to be of service to the Lasallian community while generously extending our facilities and services to the other researchers.