The Institute of the Moving Image (IMI) is a program of the University of St. La Salle, under the Institute for Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning (ICELL). It envisions an Institute as a tool of strengthening Lasallian education thru the arts.
The Institute of the Moving Image aims to reinforce the Academic programs of the University. With its varied platforms, it seeks to:
Enhance knowledge and skills related to the arts;
Cultivate cooperation and collaboration;
Increase alliances with the other sectors of the local and international art communities and organizations;
Support the academic programs;
Develop Diploma courses;
Build the Visayan Digital Moving Image Archive.
La Salle Bacolod Institute for the Moving Image aims to:
- Provide Lasallian arts education within and outside the University in the field of the Moving Image thru special certificate courses;
- Support the present academic programs of the institution by offering special, supplementary and complimentary courses;
- Support art education thru the MI archives;
- Expose the students, faculty, and staff of the University to the different disciplines of the arts thru the MI - Artist in Residence program;
- Provide a venue for discussion thru film screenings, exhibitions, and artists-audiences interaction;
- Be a leader in the Visayan region in the field of the Moving Image;
- Nurture the community thru various enrichment programs throughout the year;
- Explores, propose and launch innovative programs for the growth of Arts education as directed by the President.